Thursday 31 March 2016

Who knew.......

Well who knew....that crayons could be so much fun?? Well the white one that is!
Today's resist is called wax crayon resist and is oh so simple. Stamp your image onto white card, I used both shimmery card and Whisper White,  then highlight the areas you want to remain white then apply ink over the top either with a sponge,  a  dauber or a brayer.
Once you've  applied the ink gentle huff over the highlighted areas and buff.
The effect is fab! My first attempt was the card with the rose. Very simple  and quick.
The second card using the leaves was a little messy but oh so worthwhile  in my opinion.
Finally I had a go at freehand doodles with the white crayon then over stamping and blending in shades of rich Razzleberry, Blackberry Bliss and basic grey to create a distressed look.
I had great fun making these projects and hope you will be inspired to have a go yourself.
Have fun
Cary ☺ xx



No comments:

Post a Comment