Thursday 4 February 2021

Leftovers week day 4

 When you trim your card and papers to fit your project do you end up with lots of 0.5cm strips? 

I do! Lots and lots! So for this weeks challenge to use up the scraps and leftovers on my work space I thought I'd save them rather than bin them for a change. 

And boy am I glad I did πŸ™‚ I ended up with a pile of timmings from coloured cardstock and a smaller pile of strips from the Oh So Ombre pattern paper from Stampin' Up!

I took the small pile of Oh So Ombre papers and stuck them on to a scrap of cardstock.  I then found a stamped and die cut image from the Prized Peony stamp and die set also from Stampin' Up! The sentiment is from the Many Messages stamps and die set. 




I loved the soft gentle look of this simple card which is enhanced by the gentle grey card base and inked image.

Next I used the coloured card strips, well some of them at least πŸ˜‰ , and stuck them diagonally onto a piece of printer paper that I had cut to the size I use for a background, 14.4cm x 10cm. I then used some dies to cut out a frame and letters.


 This one pass through the die cutting machine yielded the focal points for 2 cards! Always a winner in my book 2 for 1!!

  Here in the UK during lockdown we have seen an influx of rainbows to symbolise our wonderful NHS.  So my choice of sentiment seemed somewhat apt.

The finished cards are also super simple and clean looking which I find very pleasing.

I hope you enjoy my projects as much as I enjoyed creating  them. And maybe you'll  look at those thin strips, trimmings, in a different light from now one. 😊

Scraps leftovers simple rainbow thank you card











4 comments:

  1. I always love a twofer as well - sometimes it's worth thinking about where you are placing that die so that you get some negative space you can use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is great to get a twofer! Placement is important and as the carpenters say measure twice cut once!

      Delete
  2. Love these ideas for really skinny strips. Now I’ll definitely be saving EVERY trimming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you 😊 hope your scrap pile doesn't get tooo big πŸ˜‰

      Delete