Friday 21 May 2021

Fun Fold Friday - Art Gallery

Hello again, for the last time this week I am completing today's card witha  fun fold. Fun Folds are exactly that. They are fun to do, make and more importantly fun to receive. This is sort of a gate fold card with another card added onto it. Sound confusing? It isn't, it's very simple and straight forward. The papers sadly, have now retired but like me I am positive that we all have papers that have retired from previous catalogues. It happens. To bring fresh new designs in, some of the existing things have to go. That's the sad part, the good part is that these are from the Art Gallery suite. The watercoloured images on the papers are brilliant. On this card, I have used 3 different pieces and also Pool Party card for the soft greenish, blue hue through out. 

For more information on the stamp set or the suite, please click HERE and it will take you through to the shop where you can see all of the products. It will open up in a new page so you don't loose your place here.

If you live in the UK and don't have a new catalogue yet, please message us and we will happily send one to you.

 
I started off by folding the card in 3 at 4.8cm, 14.5cm the overall length is 23cm by 14.85cm. or in Imperial 1,3/4" and 5,3/4" the length is 9". The small card is 16cm by10cm and scored at 8cm. Imperial is 6,1/4" by 3,7/8". Scored at 3,1/8". As you can see the panels were measured and stamped before adding to the inside of the card.  I used Night Of Navy on White card before adding the patterned papers. Using the Floral Gallery dies, I die cut the Just want to say out of Adhesive foam sheets and covered it with gold embossing powder. Then very gently heat set the powder. As the sheets are double sided, once ready I was able to add it to the front of the small card.

 
 As I said earlier, this is a very easy card to make and fold but even better, a great card to get from you.


Thank you so much for stopping by to see what I have made. I hope you have found some ideas to make your own cards. If you have, please share with us, as we would dearly love to see them. 

That's it from me this week. 

Cary will return on Monday to share her creations with you. 

Until I return, take care, stay safe and keep well xxx

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

2 comments:

  1. Would love a video for this. I love all your cards, but esp. the Friday ones; they seem a bit more for avid, but it still helps for me to see it made. I am in USA, so had to translate all the cm to inches in the cascade fold gate card. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comments.
      I'm so sorry my imperial measurements weren't of much use though! I do try as best as I can to measure them in both ways.
      Unfortunately, I'm not yet brave enough to do a video of me making a card.
      Cary, however is far braver than me and wants to venture that way.
      If there is a particular card you'd like to see being made,BIM sure she will be more than happy to show you.
      Please let us know and we'll see what can be arranged for you.
      Until then, stay safe, keep well carry on crafting. Gill xx

      Delete