Wednesday 25 September 2024

Watercolour Wednesday Snowy Wonder

 Do you ever have happy accidents? Well today card is made from one such accident! Whilst trying to create a watercolour drop background on my glass mat I inadvertently created a fun background on the back of the panel 🤣. I wanted to create a snowy scene for the snow man from the Snowy Wonder stamp set. Do you ever have the vision in your head and work from that? I do until it all changes with a happy accident 🤣

So it all starts with dropping water onto cardstock and gently dabbing a bubble of ink from a reinker onto the water. This was done on a glass mat. 

Snowy wonder stampin up watercolour smooshing snowman card

The effect needs some work and practice before it's ready to showcase I decided... but low and behold when I picked it up and saw the back... 

Snowy wonder stampin up watercolour smooshing snowman card

I was one happy bunny! The water and ink had gone through the cardstock and onto the glass mat and created a fab background 👌. 

So with this background to play with I created today's card.

Snowy wonder stampin up watercolour smooshing snowman card

I have used my latest favourite embossing folder and cut 2 appatures from a piece of thick white cardstock the same size as the  card front. Next I cut the background panel into 3 pieces to fit behind the appatures. This leaves 1 piece to be used for the 3rd panel.
To create the 3rd panel die cut the same appature from a piece of cardstock slightly larger to create a frame. Next adhere the background piece to another piece of cardstock measuring the same as the outer edge of the frame.
The snowmen were all stamped and die cut using the Snowy Wonder dies from the bundle.
Use 3d foam to raise the snowmen and the embossed front panel and adhere over the card front.

Snowy wonder stampin up watercolour smooshing snowman card

Whilst there was still inky water on the glass mat I had dabbed the edge of a panel for the inside of the card. Once dry stamp a snowman on the bottom edge as well.

Snowy wonder stampin up watercolour smooshing snowman card

Don't you agree that these snowmen are the cutest ?

Snowy wonder stampin up watercolour smooshing snowman card


No comments:

Post a Comment