Wednesday, 16 September 2026

Creative Celebrations kriss-cross pop out fun Christmas card

 Sometimes colour combinations come as a surprise and today's inspiration is one such combination! During my Facebook live I asked the viewers what colour to use. They chose one I wouldn't have! But I'm loving the end result! Who knew peaceful pine (green), hydrangea hue ( lavender blue) and bubble bath (pink) would look so pretty 😍!!! The colours are from the oh so pretty Creative Celebrations pattern paper pack. This paper is a fun one with pieces to cut out, great background patterns as well as die cut images to use.

Creative Celebrations stampin up fun fold Christmas card

The card fits into a standard C6 (A2)  envelope but does have a little depth to it.

Creative Celebrations stampin up fun fold Christmas card

The fun comes from the inside...

Creative Celebrations stampin up fun fold Christmas card

I'm calling this fun fold a kriss-cross pop out card as the inside panels pop out to surprise the recipient making this a fun kinetic card. 

Creative Celebrations stampin up fun fold Christmas card

The sentiments used on the outside and inside of the card were created using the Magical Christmas hot foil dies and Silver hot foil

Creative Celebrations stampin up fun fold Christmas card

The images are all from the papers either die cut, fussy cut or cut apart with a trimmer. 

Creative Celebrations stampin up fun fold Christmas card

Of course with this style of card the place to  write your personal message has to go on the back of the card. That doesn't mean it can't be decorated with scraps from the front and middle 😉😅.

To make your own version of this fun card you'll need...

A piece of cardstock measuring 14.85cm x 21cm scored at 10.5cm.  ( 8½" x 5½" scored at 4¼")

2 pieces of cardstock each measuring 6cm x 11cm scored at 5.5cm ( 2⅜" x 4¼" scored at 2⅛")

A piece of cardstock measuring 12cm x 12cm scored at 1cm, 6cm and 11cm ( 4¾" x 4¾" scored at ⅜", 2⅜" and 4⅜"). You'll then need to score diagonally from the start of the top left score line to the bottom of the right score line. Then repeat from right to left so that it resembles the diagram below.

Creative Celebrations stampin up kriss-cross fold Christmas card






To see how this all come together watch this video.




I hope you enjoy making this card as its far easier than it look but is sure to wow the recipient. 

Please join me again next time for more inspiration. 

Have fun 

Cary xx


Disclaimer Please be aware that the inches version is for North American Letter size cardstock and as a English woman I use cm's and A4 cardstock which are both different sizes! I have tried my best to ensure the the North American version is correct but if I've made a mistake please let me know so it can be corrected.

No comments:

Post a Comment