Friday 18 December 2020

Fun fold Friday simply succulents

 Today I'm cheating!! My card isn't a fun fold at all!! Rather it's a techniquey one πŸ˜‰ Now I know that's a new word but for me it's a crafting term πŸ™ˆ 

I have used the Simply Succulents stamps and the masking technique to create a scene. Masking is when you stamp the image that you want to be at the front of your finished piece. Then you create a mask by stamping the image onto a sticky note and cut it out very close the the edge. Place the cut out over the stamped image . Now stamp the images that you want to be behind the covered image and the mask will protect it. 

Once I was happy with my scene I set about colouring it in. I used alcohol markers from stampin up called Stampin' Blends. These pens come in so many colours it makes colouring a doddle.

Once I was happy with the results I decided to cut it up !! Now I know that sounds a bit drastic but I had a plan promise πŸ˜‰

I didn't just cut it up with scissors I used some lovely stitched layered triangle dies. And then matched them back up together but slightly apart. I think it gives a broken china effect. 

What do you think? Was it worth the effort? I'm rather happy with it 😊

Have a good weekend and see you next week.

Have fun 

Cary xx 






2 comments: