Wednesday 21 December 2022

Watercolour Wednesday Beautifully Happy

 Today I'm sharing a project that I created that involves a "messy" background.  Now if you've been here before you'll know that I like to get messy when crafting 🤣 After all as the saying goes... Creativity is messy and I'm  very creative!! So I made this messy background to show case the outline stamp from the Beautifully Happy stamp set. 

How did I get messy ? Well I started out with fluid 100 watercolour paper, a water spritzer filled with water, an acrylic block and 4 different coloured reinkers. Oh and don't forget some kitchen roll! It helps keep the mess under some level of controll 😉

I start by choosing my colours. I love shades of punk and damson so went with those. I popped a drop of each reinker onto the acrylic block and added a drop or 2 of water onto each. 

I then spritzed the watercolour paper and using a waterpainer I added the wet ink to the wet paper. I use my kitchen roll to dab the areas that became waterlogged and to prevent the stronger colour taking over completely. I contimued to add and dry till I was happy. 

I then flicked water and spritzed water over the piece dabbing it straight away.  This gave the piece some speckles which I find appealing. 

Now you have to wait untill the piece if completely dry. I would also recomend using a Stamparatus or other stamp positioning tool to stamp your image. This allows you to stamp more than once onto the textured paper. This means you get a clearer image. 

I then took a white gel pen and added highlights to the image. I was a little nervous about this nut I'm so glad I went for it. The finished result is lovely 😍 

Beautifully Happy stampin up watercolour background white highlights birthday card
 
What do you think? Do the white highlights give the finished card a little something extra?

Beautifully Happy stampin up watercolour background white highlights birthday card

Now I'm  not saying it's perfect but I do think a  white gel pen makes a good addition to my tool kit!

Beautifully Happy stampin up watercolour background white highlights birthday card


No comments:

Post a Comment