Thursday 8 December 2022

Fun fold Friday gift card and packaging

 For my final project this week I've created a card that holds a present and is shaped like a present! It's  a very easy project but one that I think has a bit of a wow factor to it.

This gift card holder starts life as a a piece of cardstock measuring 9.5cm x 18cm scored at 9cm. Fold it in half and then adhere along the 2 long sides to create a simple pocket.


Present gift card holder stampin up



Now to ceate the stand . Take a piece of coordinating cardstock measuring 9.5cm x 7cm . Score at 1cm.  Adhere  this to the back of the pocket part only above the score line. This then becomes the card stand.

Present gift card holder stampin up

Now cut a piece of cardstock measuring 10.5cm x 4cm and score along the long side at 2cm.

Now you need a piece of coordinating cardstock measuring 7.5cm x 10.5cm. Adhere this piece to the center of the long narrow piece on the inside and sandwich it together. It then slips into the pocket part of the card. 


Present gift card holder stampin up


I  used pretty pattern paper to decorate my gift. I also created a paper bow and die cut 3 gold stars. The bow is simply a strip of cardstock.  Run it along the edge of a bone folder or your fingers to soften the fibers a little. Now bringing both ends to the middle and adhering together.

I  think its  a fun project to finish this week's inspiration. 

Present gift card holder stampin up


I hope you've enjoyed my week of gift card and packaging ideas 💡 I certainly have 🙂

Well that's all folks for this week join me next week when Gill will be sharing her creations with us all.

Have a good weekend and if you're in the UK or anywhere else cold wrap up warm.

Have fun 

Cary xx




No comments:

Post a Comment