Friday 2 December 2022

Fun-Fold Friday - Christmas Lights

Hello again on another cold Friday here in England. I must firstly apologise for missing my postine yesterday. Unfotunately, family life and nasty baby colds got in the way!  Today, I haven't missed and have made another of my favourite folds. It's the Tripod card fold. One that I started making well over 10 years ago but I keep going back to it. Using the Christmas Lights stamps, mainly the large snowflake, I stamped in gold ink onto the Snowy White 12" by 12" paper 3 times. I then started die-cutting with my MINI CUT AND EMBOSS MACHINE *****. LOTS! Fortunately, it doesn't take long at all and once they were all done, I started to adhere them to the card. I stamped several sentiments from the Brightest Glow stamp set, again in gold ink then punched them out using different punches. 



*****

In the New Year, you’ll have the opportunity to join Stampin’ Up! as a demonstrator for only £99. For that you will get to spend and chose £170 worth of products in any of the current catalogues! That’s one option. Another option is £125 and you get £170 worth of product PLUS choose a MINI CUT AND EMBOSS MACHINE in white or even in the NEW Pale Blue of BOHO BLUE. That all starts in January along with Saleabration where for every £45 you order, you get to choose NEW product from the special Saleabration Catalogue. Look out for more details to follow soon. 2023 is going to be a very special year. 😀😀    

..........

The card itself is very easy to do. It takes 3 squares of card all the same size. I used 3 pieces each 14.85cm by 14.85cm. It can be made in any size squares but they must all be the same size. Each one was scored diagonally once only. The first 2 squares, I placed the score lines placed together in an upside down V, with the 2 top score points meeting each other. I taped these 2 panels edge to edge and taped them together. Then using tear and tape adhesive along the top 2 sides nearest to the score lines, I added the third square over the front of the 2 other pieces. The scored, diagonal line on the third one was now vertical to the base cards and this will now enable the card to stand up once folded into the tripod.

As you can see by my picture on the inside, you can see where I added some Velcro dots to join the card. I also added a panel to the inside to enable me to add my sentiments. Not essential but I find it finishes the inside.

 
You can see how the panels were added from the back view above and also how the velcro dots were placed.

 
Here is the 2 stamp sets that I have used all of this week.2 really beautiful stamp sets with the lovely sentiments too. I do like a good sentiment, it always completes a card doesn't it?
...........
Thank you so much for stopping by this week, I hope I have been able to inspire you to make some projects of your own.  
This is the last of my Christmas cards for this year. In 2 weeks time I will be making some of my Thank You cards. Cary will be here to show you her creations on Monday.
 
As always, until I return, 

TAKE CARE, STAY SAFE AND WELL but most of all, 

KEEP ON CRAFTING

 

Thank you so much, 

 😍😍 xxx Gill xxx 😍😍

 

No comments:

Post a Comment