Wednesday 17 April 2024

Watercolour Wednesday - Botanical Beauty

 Hello and thank you for stopping by. Today, using the gorgeous stamp set Botanical Beauty, I really went to watercolour heaven! I stamped the image in Lemon Lolly, one of the last years new colours. It is soft and subtle but can be bright too. I lightly stamped it onto White card and then I started with many of the green inks from Stampin' Up! I used  Shaded Spruce, Granny Apple Green, Pretty Peacock and a touch of Old Olive. I stamped an acrylic block onto the ink pad and using my fine water brush, started to colour in the leaves and ferns in different ways. I repeated this with all of the colours until I was happy with the depth of each colour. I went on to cut the white stamped mat down to 9.4 cm I left the width at 10.5 cm. 

I then chopped it up randomly from top to bottom at different angles. I added the pieces onto a mat of the Lemon Lolly card. Once the last piece was ready to go I was able to trim the width down to fit my card base. I adhered the mat to a black mat a few mm larger than the yellow which I think has made the colours stand out so well. I mounted it using Dimensionals on the back and added a piece of yellow ribbon from the Sheer Ribbon Combo pack. 3 gorgeous colours in the pack, Lemon Lolly, pink of Bubble Bath  and the bright blue of Azure Afternoon. A sentiment inside and a few extra leaves etc. and I was finished.






No comments:

Post a Comment