Wednesday, 30 September 2026

A faux stepper card with Christmas mice

 Sometimes cards can look a little intimidating don't you think πŸ€” And sometimes all you need is to make a few tweeks and think outside the box to discover that actually there are some real easy hacks to use! Well today's inspiration is one such project.  Stepper cards are fun and gorgeous but can be a little overwhelming with all the scoring and cutting.  But today's inspiration is an easy version with very simple scoring and no intricate cutting πŸ˜€. Called a faux stepper card it has a wealth of options for you to play with. The card I'm sharing uses the beautiful Creative Celebrations pattern papers and the oh so adorable Christmas Mice stamps and coordinating dies. 

The papers have a wonderful mid century modern/ contemporary feel to them with their reds, pinks and greens colour palette. The pack not only contains sheets of double sided paper but also die cut sheet of images that are so darn cute!

Creative Celebrations Christmas Mice stampin up faux stepper Christmas card

And when paired with the adorable mice in the Christmas Mice stamp set your sure to be on a winner!

Creative Celebrations Christmas Mice stampin up faux stepper Christmas card

So here's the card it's self...

Creative Celebrations Christmas Mice stampin up faux stepper Christmas card

The steps on the card offer so much opportunity for decorating ✨️ and allow the card to stand beautifully. 

Creative Celebrations Christmas Mice stampin up faux stepper Christmas card

I couldn't resist sharing a close up of one of these cutie patooties 🐭 ...
I used Stampin' Blends alcohol markers to colour the mice in shades of smoky slate gray and bubble bath pink. Using the colour lifer pen to soften and blend out the edges and add texture to their fur.

Creative Celebrations Christmas Mice stampin up faux stepper Christmas card

The sentiment is from the Magical Christmas hot foil die using silver foil.

Creative Celebrations Christmas Mice stampin up faux stepper Christmas card

Of course I couldn't leave the back blank so decorated this are with another mouse and strip of paper and die cut from the papers. This is where I'd write my message to the recipient of the card.

So how to make the card? Well you're going to need...

A piece of cardstock measuring 14.85cm x 24cm scored at 8cm,  16cm, and 20cm ( 5½" x 9½" scored at 3", 6", and 7¾") for part 1.

For part 2 you'll need a piece of cardstock measuring 6cm x 21cm scored at 10.5cm ( 2¼" x 8½" scored at 4¼").

Now watch this video to see how easily it all comes together πŸ˜€




I hope you have a fun crafty time this week and enjoy playing with stamps, ink and paper πŸ˜ƒ

Have fun

Cary xx



Disclaimer Please be aware that the inches version is for North American Letter size cardstock and as a English woman I use cm's and A4 cardstock which are both different sizes! I have tried my best to ensure the the North American version is correct but if I've made a mistake please let me know so it can be corrected.

No comments:

Post a Comment