Tuesday 26 September 2017

Masking - Day 2

Masking 

Today's card is one that I've made for a very dear friend.
She was married for the very 1st time at the beginning of this month. 
                              The card is similar to her wedding invitations and it included a                                 beautiful photo of her on her wedding day in Rebate, Spain. 
This is Julie and her husband Russell.


The card is A5 one, basically a sheet of A4 cardstock folded in half.
I embossed the Calypso Coral twice with the Oh My Stars TIEF.
 
  

The leaves were using the new stamp set called Painted Harvest.
I stamped the leaves and then the veins in 3 colours. 
Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive and Wild Wasabi.


I stamped 2 sets of leaves onto the top of a post it note so that when they were cut out, 
there was sticky behind the leaves. I stamped the 1st set of leaves, popped the post it leaves over to mask what I had stamped then stamped some more leaves in another colour. I continued doing this all the way round. Before the final set was stamped, I added both the post it notes to the 1st set and the last set of leaves that I stamped. I was then able to stamp the leaves into the gap that was left without marking the other leaves.


 Using a craft knife, I cut between some of the leaves and with scissors         
cut off the outside edges of the card. I usedone of the messages from the NEW set of message labels called Merry Little Labels.


I found the message on Pintrest and adjusted it a little!
Julie was only 11 years old when I moved next door to her and 
apparently she looks to me as her other mum! I'm very honoured to be classed as such.

   

Happy Birthday Julie and Russell. 
Their birthdays are within 3 days of each other.



No comments:

Post a Comment