Friday 21 January 2022

Fun fold Friday Catch You Later

 Happy Friday 🥳.  Last night we held a hybrid inperson/ virtual class. It was so much fun... As well as possing a few challenges pretty much the same as when we make a fun fold card ! For today's make I'm using the last cute character from the Catch You Later stamp set the cheeky monkeys 🐒 

Catch you later stampin up fun fold cheeky monkeys


I had great fun creating the card. The challenge came as I wanted my project to fit in a standard C6 envelope. The card that inspired me was created by a fellow crafted called Jamie Rodger. He called it a Pop Up Pillar card. His version is in inches and quite a bit bigger so that's  where the challenge laid for me.
The card is a simple idea use a flat card base then add pillars on each side to create dimension as many times as you wish.
For my card I started with a base piece measuring 14.85cm x 8cm.  I then made 2 pillars from 2 pieces of card each measuring 14.85cm x 5cm. I scored each strip at 1cm, 2cm, 3cm and 4cm and used my bone folder to reinforce the fold. Then I cut and scored 2 further pieces measuring 8cm x 5cm these were my second pillars. 
I chose to cover my base and all 4 pillars in pattern paper. The paper I chose is from the Artfully Composed.  I chose this because it has a fab jungley vibe.

Artfully Composed Stampin Up

I then stamped and coloured those cheeky monkeys. I partially fussy cut them from a piece of cardstock that was 8.5cm wide. I then adhered the 2 tallest pillars along the edges of the card base. Next I adhered the panel with the monkeys on across the first pillars at the top. I cut a panel that measured 10cm x 8.cm and covered it in the same paper and attached this to the pillars at the bottom. 
I then took the 2 remaining pillars and placed them on the bottom left and right edge. I then covered that with a piece of cardstock measuring 8cm x 8.5cm that I covered in paper.
I wanted to create a jungle for these cheeky monkeys to play in so I punched lots of leaves from the Bough punch in green card stock. I used a sponge dauber to add a little ink to the tips and sides of the punched shapes as I think it adds depth and texture. 
Once everything was adhered I stamped my sentiment.
Catch you later stampin up fun fold cheesy monkeys card

I stamped the sentiment onto white cardstock then ran it through the cut and emboss machine with a wood effect embossing folder. I then cut the ends to kind of look like a rotten sign. I did apply a little crumb cake ink on top to give it a little age. I also added a little bakers twine to act as the hanger of the sign. The cute heart is a die cut and give a little pop of colour. 

Catch you later stampin up fun fold cheeky monkeys card

As you can see above the card does have some hight but it does fold flat for posting.

Catch you later stampin up fun fold cheeky monkeys card


All in all I love the way this project turned out much like I enjoyed our hybrid class last night. 

Well that's it from me this week I do hope you've enjoyed my inspiration as much as I've enjoyed creating them.

Please join us next week when Gill will be sharing her creations with us all. 

Have a great weekend and hopefully find time to craft.

Have fun

Cary x

Catch you later stampin up fun fold cheeky monkeys card


No comments:

Post a Comment