Monday 7 October 2024

Snowy Wonder contemporary Christmas card

 Hi 👋 welcome to my blog if you're new here I'm  Cary and I just love to share what I love doing ... making cards with stamps, paper, ink and embellishments.  I'm  a Stampin' Up!  Demonstrators here in the country of West Sussex in the UK .  If you've been here before thank you for popping back it's great to have you.

On Saturday I held a World Card Making Day event and we used the amazing A Little Bit Festive speciality paper pack. This fun pack has both pattern paper and die cut sheets in lovely designs. The colour palette of the pack is predominantly traditional Christmas reds and green. Everyone loved using this great product it makes making card so easy!

After all that traditional Christmas I felt the need to create something a little different for today! So today I'm sharing a fun card using the Snowy Wonder bundle of stamps and coordinating dies in a less traditional colour palette. 

Shades of teal and soft pink is where my mind went to when thinks of what to make for today's inspiration.  So here it is...

Snowy Wonder stampin up clean and simple contemporary Christmas card

The trees are stamped using a technique called masking.  Stamp your first image then cover it and stamp another image. The part that is covered with the mask doesn't get stamped on so you have images that appear too  be behind one and other.
My top tip for this style of masking is to create multiple masks at one time. I used simple sticky notes. Stamp the image onto the note pad as much as possible over the part that is sticky on the back. Then fussy cut the image out but here's the tip part cut throught 3 or 4 layers of sticky notes at the same time! Stamp once, cut once but get multiple masks 😀. 

Snowy Wonder stampin up clean and simple contemporary Christmas card

Another technique I used was with the sentiment. Want a shiny sentiment but don't have the right colour of embossing powder?  Well take your stamp ink it up with versamark then ink it again in the colour of your choice. Next stamp your sentiment and cover it with clear embossing powder and heat. This will give you a glossy look in the colour of your choice!

Snowy Wonder stampin up clean and simple contemporary Christmas card

Do you decorate the inside of your cards? Well it's definitely worth the effort! 
The use of the small tree die cut out of  silver foil also add a little touch of luxury don't you think?

Snowy Wonder stampin up clean and simple contemporary Christmas card

The snow flake elements also add a little something with out being over the top. These ones are White Loose Snowflakes that are great for shakers but can be used by placing a small dab of liquid adhesive onto the card and then carefully placing the Snowflakes on top. Give the glue a minute to grab and they're good to go!

I do hope you like today's card . Please join me next time when I'll be sharing more samples to inspire you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment