Monday 9 November 2020

Make It Monday - Snowflake Wishes

 I hope things are good where you are at the moment, it's cold and wet here for a change, Not! Once again we are now in Lockdown so I am going to make the best of it and keep crafting. On Thursday, Cary and I and the rest of our team all sat and watched our annual get together online. It lasted for 2,1/2 days! We were shattered after all that but really excited as we got to see some of the gorgeous new products that will be coming to everyone in January. Including the brilliant Saleabration! YES!!

This week I have decided to work with the lovely Snowflake Wishes. Click HERE to have a good look and for more information on this amazing set which also has dies, an embossing folder, ribbons, gems and more! This lovely stamp set is just literally full of different shaped and sizes of snowflakes and some messages. Perfect! Today's card is a very simple one, #simplestamping is our motto and this one is definitely simple. 

It was so simple, I made 2!

The first is on the left in the picture, I cut pieces of double sided paper to match both colours of card, in this case a Pool Party (pale green) mat on a white card base and the other on the right is on a Balmy Blue, (a pale blue) card base. The papers are both from the matching suite as the snowflakes and they are called Snowflake Splendour. These papers are in beautiful shades of light and dark blues, pale and darker greens and a lovely shade of lilac and purple through to pink tones. Gorgeous!

I added the paper then using a sticky note, I placed it on the edge of the paper and stamped randomly over the top part of the card using the same colour ink pad as each of the cards. I then added the message which I stamped in Memento black ink pad. Where I trimmed the card down a little, I used a strip and added it to the card as an underline.

The second card on the right was made in very much the same way only this time only 1 image stamped in the centre. The scrap of paper I used was left over from a watercolour card mat that I made a few weeks ago. I tend to keep a large cup which holds lots of strips of coloured card in all colours and angles. I like the way that the scrap shows all of the colours as in the papers.

On both cards, I added a little decoration to the inside and messages to complete them. I haven't added any bling as I generally add them when I have decided who to send them to. Until then, they will remain devoid of sparkle but trust me that I will add some lovely sparkle very soon.


 




No comments:

Post a Comment