Friday 8 March 2024

Fun Fold Friday - Magnolia Mood

 Hello for the last time this week. I have made a very quick and easy fun fold for you today. I know that I say that a lot but it really is true. The card today is still a standard A6 or C6 whichever is what you want to call it. It is made from half a sheet of A4 and scored and folded with some little extras. I started by stamping the small flowers from Magnolia Mood stamp set onto Highland Heather card in the same colour Ink pad. I then cut the images out and also die cut the large floral image too. In fact I die cut 3 of the large flower. I used Granny Apple Green, Bubble Bath and Highland Heather card. I wasn't sure which colour I wanted to show but by cutting each colour out and removing the leaves from 2 of the die-cuts I then added each one using Tombow multipurpose glue and finished off with the purple flower on the top. I rather like the light edge that you can just about see by having the pink beneath the purple. 

 Please see the layout below. I recently made one of these versions last week for my grand-daughter's 25th birthday as an A5 card. The only difference was the measurements on the outer corner as well as obviously the card base. If you want to make an A5 or C5 card base, the score marks on the corners should be at 7cm where it shows 5cm on each area.

Once the card base was made, I chose some DSP from the Perennial Lavender papers. I love the colours used in them, including the Crumb Cake background of some of the papers. Anyone who knows me knows that my least favourite colour of card is beige or Crumb Cake! YUK! That sounds terrible for me to say but I love all of the other colours just not that one! Sorry!!

As I wrote on the layout, the mats for the front and inside of the card is 14.4 cm wide by 10 cm wide. I then marked the paper at 5cm the same way as on the card base and trimmed those triangles off. For the inside, I cut 2 mats in the same papers and another smaller mat in White card for the sentiments. I love the way that the white pops off the page with the purple shades behind it. 


 

 
Here is the completed inside view. The triangles that I cut off from the original rectangle were used to fill in the inner corners but had to be trimmed down a couple of ml or very small fractions of an inch.
I decorated the edges with small circles of DSP adhered to slightly larger circle of Glimmer papers and the flowers that I stamped at the beginning were adhered to them.  They do look a little like Mickey Mouse ears but they arent!! The large die cuts were fixed to the front of the card using Dimensionals to add some more height.
Below is a picture of my Grand daughter Olivia's A5 card.  If you didn't know that's half a whole sheet of A4 folded in half.



 

Well, that's it from me for another week, thank you for stopping by once again. I hope that you have found something to trigger you into making some cards. Hand crafted cards are truly the best gift you can give. 

Cary will be back next week so please stop by to see what she will be sharing. 

Until we return from Rotterdam, stay safe, keep well but most of all...

KEEP ON CRAFTING

xxx 😍 Gill 😍 xxx

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment