Wednesday 6 March 2024

Watercolour Wednesday - Magnolia Mood

 Hello on another watery Wednesday! Yes, lots of rain ... for a change!! Today's card was one that I have made from when I made a card for our blends class only this one is using water based inks and not alcohol based pens. Using the Magnolia Mood stamps today, I stamped 3 times on one side of my Fluid 100 watercolour paper. 

First of all though, I started with cutting a standard sized mat of 10cm by 14.4cm. I masked off the area in the centre of the mat. I was left with approximately 7cm across the centre that was uncovered. Then I chose 4 equal sized acrylic blocks and stamped each one onto 4 different coloured inks. The colours I chose were, a beautiful soft but fresh lemon colour of Lemon Lolly, the bright pink of Melon Mambo, the gorgeous bright blue of Azure Afternoon and the bright green and my favourite Granny Apple Green. I used a large water brush and added a few drops of water from the brush and blended it in. I picked up some of the colour from the block with the brush and painted it onto the paper. I started with the lemon and swiped the brush over the masked off the area and added more colour until I was happy with it. I repeated the same with each of the colours and extended each of them a little on each side to blend all of the colours together. There was a little of the Granny Apple Green left so I added a hint of green over the lemon.  

I then stamped the magnolia image 3 times using Memento ink pad and coloured a butterfly from the Paper Butterfly Accents using some Melon Mambo.














              

No comments:

Post a Comment