Thursday 7 March 2024

This or That Thursday - Magnolia Mood

 Hello, today's 2 cards are very similar this week which is I suppose the idea. Using the Magnolia Mood stamp set, today I stamped the large flower and coloured them both differently. Obviously! One is the Berry Burst all over which is very like my Magnolia Soulangiana Nigra (black), that I have in my garden and the other is the standard beautiful Soulangiana. The first one I mentioned is called black but it truly is the colour of Berry Burst with darker shades in it. I have about 8 magnolias in the garden and they are just starting to bloom. They are so beautiful. 

 However, although I used the same colours they were each used in a slightly different way. The Holographic foils are both different. The foil behind the Berry Burst flower (THIS) is like waves bubbling across the water and the white flower (THAT) is very holographic and shines beautifully in lots of different colours. Apart from the direction of the cards, that's more or less it. It is therefore a case if which colour ways you like the best, or if at all? However, the landscape card I used a strip of retired Bubble Bath ribbon with the silver edging on the outer edges and as always, Stampin' Up! ribbons can be coloured really easily. How cool is that? I used the Berry Burst Stampin' Blends pen to colour this one today. I usually use my Stampin' Write Marker pens but today and for speed for it to dry quickly, it was the Blends  pen. They are both very easy to use and can do similar things too, very cool!

THIS



 THAT




 
Do please let us know which version is your preferred one. Thank you in advance. 
Gill xx


No comments:

Post a Comment