Friday 28 June 2024

Fun Fold Friday - Sneak Peak Week - Winterly Tree Tops Bundle

 Well, here we are again on a Friday already. Today's card is a basic Landscape, Gate Fold Card in White. Well, it started with a white card base 29.7cm wide and 14.85cm high (11,3/4" by 5,7/8"). I scored this at 4.9cm and 9.9cm (1,7/8" and 3,7/8") from each side and after I burnished each fold line really well. I started adding some strips of the DSP from Nests of Winter DSP. These were each 4.7cm wide by 14.4cm high (1,13/16th" by 5,7/16th"). The other sides of these papers are lots of birds so it's been difficult trying to decide to use it! The colours of the DSP to me look like Petal Pink or even the New Basic Beige or even a combination of the 2. Very soft colours which is why I chose them. I cut a white 9.5cm by 14.4cm mat for the centre (3,15/16th" by 5,7/16th") and embossed it using the Birch Wood embossing Folder and I stamped the sentiment onto white and added it to another strip of the DSP. Lots of fussy cutting on this one as the birds are much smaller but still gorgeous nonetheless. 

I made a belly band for this card from the piece of card that I cut off from the A4 sheet of white card and working in 10 cm wide or 4" strips, I die-cut along the bottom edge and then repeated it until it was all cut out. You have to make sure that the piece you don't want die-cut, i.e.the upper edge remains above the die or the die will end up cutting the sides of the band too. I repeated the same for the top of the band. 

Nothing is wasted if I can help it as you can see, I used the white die-cut out pieces for the front 2 panels of the card. I stamped a pair of the boughs, coloured them in and die-cut them out. I was able to join the 2 pieces together at the back on the sides using a Dimensional, then adhered it to the front of the belly band along with the pair of beautiful birds and berries. 

I am unable to send you a link to the new products until they have been released but do watch out for them in just over a month. 





 
Well, once again, that's it from me for this week. Please take care and stop by next week as Cary will be sharing some of her creations for you. 
I will be back the following week as always but until then ..... 
Stay safe, Keep Well, but .....

KEEP ON CRAFTING 

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ xxx Gill xxx ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜



No comments:

Post a Comment