Wednesday 12 June 2024

Watercolour Wednesday - Legendary Ride

 Hello. Today's watercolour was a simple one as I heat embossed the centres of the pink mats with White embossing powder and then using a spritzer, a wide paint brush and the ink pad and lots of water... I managed to cover the whole mat. The pink was my third attempt! I tried with Daffodil Delight, (a lovely strong yellow), then Melon Mambo, (a very bright pink) which obviously turned everything very orange. I haven't thrown it away as you may end up seeing it on Thursday! Anyway, I started by using Versamark ink pad for the image from the large motorbike from Legendary Ride stamp set. I then added the white embossing powder and heat set it with the heat gun. Well pleased with the result! 

I started to add ink by brushing the ink pad across the white stamped mat but...a, the colour was wrong and b, It really wasn't the look that I was going for. I then repeated the process onto white card this time but I stamped the image in the soft pink instead of heat embossing. The pink is called Bubble Bath and is so cute. I layered this onto a white square card base approximately 6" by 6" and I added a piece of DSP from the Flowering Zinnias papers. It is the perfect bright pink of Melon Mambo. I also added a silver foiled card mat which I embossed with the retired embossing folder called Metal Plate.

Motorbike riders are not all men and this one is for my best friend for her birthday in September. She is very tiny but still loves to ride powerful engines such as tractors and the like, huge horses and of course her motorbikes! I know that I'm early but I'll know that it's done. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment