Monday 16 August 2021

Make it simple Monday Delicate Dahlias

 I've had a super busy week with family visiting, birthday celebrations and my tumble dryer going bang in the middle of the weekly wash!! So when I found the time to sit down and create today's samples I was so glad the week starts with Make it Simple Monday!

 I have chosen to show case a stamp set that didn't really jump out at me when I first saw it in the Sale-A-Bration catalogue. But you know what having played with it I love it! Does that happen to you? 

So which set have I chosen to celebrate this week well it's  called Delicate Dahlias . It is an exclusive set that can only be obtained for free with a qualifying purchase from Stampin' Up!

Delicate Dahlias Stampin up saleabration

 One of the best parts of this set is that it's basically 2 stamp sets that work individually but also together! The stamp set is a photopolymer one which makes lining it up easy. The advantage to that is that it means you can stamp the open line elements then fill them with the beautiful etched infills.  But the infills are also stand alone stamps that look beautiful alone!

With so much choice in the set I decide to start simple, a super important part of Make it Simple Monday 🤣 . 

I  decided to use just one colour ink pad and white cardstock and the stamps. This ensures that it stays SIP ( stamps, ink and paper) and #simplestamping. 

The ink I chose to use is called fresh freesia and is a very pretty lilac shade.

I stamped the flower outline stamp first then the outline leaf. Next I used the etched stamp to add colour and texture to my flowers.

Finally a sentiment stamped in the same colour and my card was complete.

Delicate Dahlias Stampin Up simple stamping easy clean and simple card


I so enjoyed playing... uhmmmm working 🤣 on creating this card that I got carried away and made another just to see if it would work in another colour 😉

So this time I replicated the card but used a pretty turquoise blue called costal cabana ink.

I also slightly changed the orientation of the layout because I stamped my first flower in the wrong place 🤪 and never one to waste I just carried on with it!

Delicate Dahlias Stampin Up simple easy clean card


I was really happy that my cards turned out as well as they did in the time I had to create them in. Proving that sometimes having to work quickly can be all the inspiration you need!! 

As always on a Monday I shall be doing a Facebook live at 4pm BST on our Facebook page Here If you can join me that would be fantastic if you can't don't worry I'll post the link to the video afterwards Facebook live here

So which do you prefer?  Lilac or turquoise? 

Delicate Dahlias Stampin Up simple stamping easy clean card


No comments:

Post a Comment