Monday 2 August 2021

Make it simple Monday Quite Meadow

 Hello and welcome to another Make it Simple Monday with me , Cary. This week I will be using the gorgeous Quiet Meadow stamp set . The set is a great combination of images and sentiments that are especially good if your style is more vintage or collage . But for today it's  all about clean and simple stamping.

Quiet Meadow Stampin Up make it simple

#simplestamping is a great way to keep it clean and simple and uses minimal surplies. In fact today's samples are SIP ones. SIP stands for Stamps, Ink and Paper. I have used 1 stamp set, Quiet Meadow, 1 paper, white and   2 colours of ink. The ink colours I've  chosen are a  grey, called basic grey , and a lovely lilac called fresh freesia. 
Both my samples use the same stamps from the set but I've  used them slightly differently on each card.
For my first sample I inked my focal image, the long stemmed flower, up and then stamped it onto scrap paper. I then huffed over the stamp to refresh the remaining ink and stamped that onto my card. This is called generational inking and is a  great technique for those starting out, or those with limited supplies as it give you tones or shades of colour from 1 ink pad.
I  then used the speckles stamp and the lilac ink to add a touch of colour to the card. The sentiment was stamped in the basic grey but at full strength.  And that was it! 

Quiet Meadow Stampin Up simple stamping easy card SIP card


I then used the same supplies to create a second card with a different look.
Once again I used the generational inking technique. 
Quiet Meadow Stampin Up SIP card simple stamping


I hope these make it simple Monday project have inspired you. If you'd like to see how I made them I will be showing how in a Facebook live over  on our Facebook page at 4pm BST today. I will add the link once I've gone live later. 

Have fun and here's the Facebook live

Quiet Meadow Stampin Up SIP card simple stamping


No comments:

Post a Comment