Friday 30 July 2021

Fun Fold Friday - Wild Cats

Hello from me for the last day this week. I really have pushed myself this week by using a stamp set that needs strong, earthy colour. Wild Cats and the DSP In The Wild calls for all of those such colours. from the soft greens to strong, earthy yellow, deep, dark red to a really rich dark green. I'm really pleased with the result even though it's not what I would usually do! Today's card is the same, I've used almost all of the colours that can be found within the papers which has really surprised me! 

I fully intended for today, a simple card with lots of white space. Not a chance! I made a double Z fold card using Basic White and Crushed Curry (earthy yellow) card. Starting with a piece of A4 card I cut it at 14.85cm high along the whole length of the A4. Scored it at 14.85cm and 7.4cm. Each fold was then folded to make the letter Z. For the front Z, I used the Crushed Curry. I cut a length 5cm high by 29.7cm long and scored as before. I added a piece of DSP to the inside square and the left hand front panel. The inner panel was fitted with an embossed piece of card which I embossed using the Animal Prints embossing folder.

 
To add some extra dimension, I embossed the yellow Z with the Animal Print folder then added the die cuts, tigers and sentiments.
 
 

Well, that's it from me for another week, Cary will return on Monday to show you her lovely cool crisp cards to inspire. Please stop by and see what she is creating for you. 
 
Thank you once again for popping by and until I return please TAKE CARE, STAY SAFE, BE WELL but just as importantly KEEP ON CRAFTING.
Gill xxx :) 😍😍😍






No comments:

Post a Comment