Monday 19 July 2021

Make it simple Monday Peekaboo Farm

 Wow it's hot here in my part of the Uk ☀️☀️☀️ and I have to say I feel for all our furry friends in the fur coats!! Which is perhaps what drew me to this weeks featured stamp set! This week I shall be sharing inspiration using the ohhh so very cute Peekaboo Farm from Stampin' Up!

Peekaboo farm simple stamping easy use of patterned paper

As always on a Monday we keep it simple. Stampin' Up! host a monthly #simplestamping challenge. This month the challenge is to use stamps, ink, paper and pattern paper to create simple thinking of you cards. Now pattern paper can be a bit intimidating for those just starting out. The patterns can be a bit intense even though they are so very pretty! My suggest is to start with simpler patterns. Most double sided pattern paper has a bold side and a calmer side. For today's #simplestamping cards I've used the gorgeous Hand-Penned pattern paper.


Hand-Penned Stampin up simple stamping

So what did I do with these wonderful goodies? Well I made 2 simple cards exactly the same layout but chose different pattern paper and colouring in.

For the first one I chose to use watercolour pencils to colour in my image and inspired by the beautiful yellow paper went funky 😁

Simple stamping peekaboo farm Stampin up

For my second card I went a little more traditional in my colour pallette and used alcohol marker pens to colour in.

Simple stamping Stampin up peekaboo farm

So which do you prefer? Funky?  Or traditional? 

If you'd like to see how I made these cards and meet the other animals on the farm then I shall be doing a Facebook live over on our Facebook page at 4pm BST today. I'll  add a link here later once I've finished the live. If you'd like to watch my live please click Here

Enjoy the good weather and stay safe.

Peekaboo farm simple stamping Stampin Up


No comments:

Post a Comment