Wednesday 14 July 2021

Watercolour Wednesday - Bamboo Beauty

Hello for this lovely Wednesday for the watercoloured card. As you know, I am using Bamboo Beauty stamp set this week and I can say that I have really enjoyed playing with this stamp set. There are no dies to co-ordinate with the stamps but that really doesn't bother me at all. The pure simplicity of this stamp set, for me, just makes it perfect. 

Today's card started with 2 mats. I cut one of them by cutting a section out of it and used the hole as the mask. Using the ink pad Balmy Blue, I added some of the soft blue ink into the lid of the pad and soaked it with water from my water brush. Once the colour was ready, I washed the colour through the mask. It was that simple. After that, I die cut a circle, stamped several of the Bamboo sticks and several leaves. Then I did what I have to do. I fussy cut the lot out! 

I just love fussy cutting. I know many people think that I'm mad as they really don't like cutting out things. Not me! Then it was a case of fixing them into position. I used the new in colour Evening Evergreen for the leaves and the card mat, Crumb Cake for the Bamboo and a piece from the In Colour Vellum pack in the lovely Pale Papaya for the sun. The ribbon is also Pale Papaya and is one of the new range of In Colour ribbons.






 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment