Wednesday 21 July 2021

Watercolour Wednesday Peekaboo Farm

 Today I'm going to share a project featuring a watercolour technique that I usually steer away from. Some talented people can create beautiful watercolour scenes in a trice. Me I struggle 😩 but tody I've  given it a go because the little pig in the Peekaboo Farm stamp set just called out to be used in this way!!.

The pig immediately took me back to childhood and reading fairytales and the like. And of course  the tale of the three little pigs. So I tried to recreate the cover of one of my story books that is long gone but still lives in my memories.

First I created the background by using a grey granite wash across the bottom of my mat.  Then I did the same in blue across the top for the sky. For these 2 parts I used my brush in  horizontal lines.  Then for the mid portion I used green but used vertical brush strokes in an attempt to make it look grass like.

Now the stamping fun began as I was able to use the stone wall stamp to make the bottom look more like a wall.

I then took a grass stamp from another stamp set and added to the center panel to hopefully reinforce the idea of a field. The little flowers are from a die set.

Next I stamped coloured and fussy cut out my three little pigs and adhered them in place looking over the wall.

Rather than a  stamped sentiment I die cut the letters to add the title to my card. A few more die cut flowers and I was done.

Peekaboo farm Stampin up three little pigs

For the inside I decided to use the grass stamped some more of the cute die cut flowers.  I like to embellish the inside of my cards to coordinate with the front.

Peekaboo farm Stampin up three little pigs watercolour scenes for beginners

 So what do you think of my very basic watercolour scene?  I know it's  not the best but I luke it and it made me smile a lot ☺ 

Peekaboo farm Stampin up three little pigs watercolour scenes for beginners


No comments:

Post a Comment