Thursday 22 July 2021

Throwback Thursday Peekaboo Farm

 Gill and I hold regular classes each month and today's card featuring the fabulous Peekaboo Farm stamps was inspired by a class we held recently. 

The class featured a set of dies called Picture This. This set of dies create 2 appature pieces and lots of mats. It's  such a useful die set!

Picture this dies Stampin up

In our class we placed patterned paper  behind the appatures and the resulting cards were gorgeous. 

But for today's Peekaboo Farm cards I decided to have the animals peeking out!

For the first card I took the rectangle appature dies and cut them on a mat  slightly smaller than thw front of my card. I then placed it over another piece of white card and very lightly pencil marked the appatures. 

Now I stamped ny images inside  the penciled areas and coloured them. Remembering to erase the pencil lines as I went. Then I took the appature piece  and stamped onto that. 

I placed 3d foam behind the front panel and carefully placed it over the stamped images.i then stamped the lama and horse's hooves, coloured and fussy cut them  then added 3d foam to them and placed them on top of the image to create a littlw depth to the image.  I then adhered the panel to the front of my card base and voilà. 

Peekaboo farm Stampin up picture this dies

For the second card I used the circle appature piece. Repeating the steps to stamp images on to a second mat.  But this time I used one of the circle die cuts for my sentiment.  I also stamped the appature mat using the stone wall stamp multiple times so that it looks as if the animals are peeking out through a wall.

Peekaboo farm Stampin up picture this dies

I can't decide which I prefer.  What do you like best the stone work on the front? Or behind?

Peekaboo farm Stampin up picture this dies


No comments:

Post a Comment