Friday 16 July 2021

Fun FOld riday - Bamboo Beauty

 Welcome back on this very warm Friday. We are due for a 'mini heatwave' supposedly in the UK but with our weather as it is, I'll believe it when I see it! Using Bamboo Beauty stamp set again, today's card was inspired by one that I made for my daughter in law's dad, Roy, for his birthday last weekend. I'm not sure what the fold is called but it's a Z fold with a flap on the front of it. Call it what you like but I've had lots of fun making this one. Please click HERE for a link to the stamp set and all other products that I used on these cards. It will open the link in another page to save where you were.

 I found a retired stamp set from a few years ago called Party Panda. I thought that the card needed a little whimsical touch to it so I've added a few sentiments and Pandas to the card too.  

         

THE CARD BASE

I started with a piece of card 14.85cm by 27cm. (fig 1) I scored along the long edge at 10cm, 15cm and 25cm. Using a bone folder I burnished all of the folds really well in both directions. I like to burnish from both sides to make sure that the card will happily fold without tearing. If a fold is scored nicely and burnished in both directions, it will usually give a really good crisp fold. I then added a piece of card 14.85cm by 14.85cm. (fig 2) This panel is then adhered behind the 2cm band on the left hand side after I gently tore the front edge of the 2cm wide strip. I tore the edge as it gives a softer feel to both layers when adding another mat to it. If you should have any difficulties making this card? Please don't hesitate in contacting me as I would be more than happy to help you. :)

fig 1

     fig 2

  

fig 3 the folded card

 

 fig 4 the 'planter' 

Once the panels were decorated, I cut a piece of card 5cm by 12cm and scored that at 1cm, 6cm and 11cm. Again, the folds were burnished in both directions. I added DSP to the front and side of this with pieces 4.5cm by 4.5cm.I cut 3 strips of card 1cm by 7cm. These were then scored at 1cm on each side then these squares were fixed to the top edge of the 5cm high panel on the left hand side. The opposite side of these strips were folded in the opposite direction to the first side to enable the pices to stretch out when the card is folded. I find it easier to decorated with leaves/ flowers etc while it's not stuck to the card. See picture below. Once the leaves were added to the strips it was time to add the whole panel to the 5cm panel on the card. I started with the right hand side and fixed the edge to match the panel front on the other panel.

fig 5


fig 6

                     

 Tip... When adding the piece above, fold the 1cm flap under after placing adhesive on then fold the card in half at the mountain fold and fix the panel down into place.  

 fig 7

DSP and decorating

I used the In Good Taste Designer Series Papers and added a 14.4cm by 14.4cm mat to the front and the inside left front. 9.5cm by 14.4cm to the 2, 10cm wide panels and last but not least, 4.5cm by 14.4cm to the 5cm panel.

I used the Potted Succulents dies to add a little more texture behind the sentiment mats. I stamped in Crumb Cake then fussy cut several of the Bamboo sticks. The leaves were stamped onto the In Colour range of Vellum papers and of course I once again fussy cut them out. The vellum has a matt side and a shimmery side, so I stamped onto the matt side and they are shown in the shimmery side. 

My inspiration
 
Here is some pictures of Roy's birthday card. As with many fancy or fun fold cards, sometimes they may take a little longer than the norm but I hope that you think they were worth the time it took?



Well, that's it from me for this week. I do hope you have found some ideas for making your own cards in one way or another. Cary is back to share her creations next week so please remember to stop by and see what she has made. Until I return, Take Care, Stay Safe and Keep on Crafting :)  

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜


2 comments:

  1. This is such a clever idea, cant wait to try it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and have fun having a go ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete