Wednesday 13 September 2023

Tips tricks and techniques Tuesday Curved Occasions

 Sorry I'm  a little late with today's,  ohps yesterday's post but I've been rather busy 🤪

But here it is a card using the fun Curved Occasions stamp set. The tip I'm sharing with you today is about holographic paper and stamping on it.

My first top tip is to remember that holographic paper is one of those papers that has a nonporous surface and as such many inks will just sit on top and not dry. My tip is to use versamark and heat emboss your image. No this can be tricky so always use a scrap to practice on first.  As the surface is slick there is a tendency for thw stamp to slip so make sure to go straight fown then up when stamping. Also heat from behind to try and preserve the holographic side. It's not always goingnto work so check by practicing first.

The second way to stamp onto a shiny surface is to use an ink pad like stazon. Stazon is a solvent based ink that works well on nonporous surfaces. But the slipy surface rule of straight up and down still remains.  The ink will also not dry immediately so be patient it's not too long a wait.

Anyway here's the card ...

Curved Occasions stampin up birthday envouragment card

I stamped the fun disco ball onto the holographic paper and heat embossed with silver powder. Then fuzzy cut the ball out. 
I then stamped and heat embossed the whole image onto a mat of white cardstock. I adhered the fussy cut ball over top of thw stamped image.

Curved Occasions stampin up birthday envouragment card

I used the fun skate stamp to create pairs of skates by using the masking technique.  I stamped first onto the card mat then stamped and fussy cut out the skate onto a piece of sticky note. Next I covered the stamped skate with the sticky note and stamped another skate over top. Remove the sticky note and voilà you have a skate behind the first one!

Curved Occasions stampin up birthday envouragment card

I repeated the process for a mat to go on the inside of the card too.
I used a small mat of holographic paper to go behind thw white mat and added a sentiment over a swoosh of green ribbon to finish the card.

Curved Occasions stampin up birthday envouragment card

I hope you'll give stamping onto different surfaces a go you never know what you'll  get but it sure is fun to try 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment