Wednesday 21 August 2024

Watercolour Wednesday - Embraced With Love

 Hello again. Today I have actually done some proper watercolouring again. After stamping the image onto a piece of Fluid 100 water colour paper, I started to watercolour. Now I'm not sure what the animals actually are but to me they look like racoons. Once again I'm not sure what colours they are so I have used Pecan Pie and Cajun Craze ink pads to water colour them in. I also used the Whisper White Ink pad to tone in with some of the colour and mixed it over to make some of the lighter parts. Basically, I roughly copied the images in the seasonal catalogue! I actually stamped 5 lots of these and eventually settled on the colour combo that I liked. I apologise to animal lovers if my colouring is wrong. I really enjoy the calm of water colouring it is so relaxing. The brush slides across the paper and the paper soaks up the colour so quickly that you have to work well with some tissue or something to soak up the water and build the colour up in many layers. 

I recently pre-ordered a pack of NEW DSP from the Winter seasonal Mini catalogue and I used a piece for the mat on my card base. It is called Splendid Autumn. They are 6" by 6" papers and they are gorgeous. The scenery in them all so beautiful and the backs of the papers are just as stunning too! I added the fussy cut animals into the centre of the flowers to show them nestling down for a cuddle.

I then finished off by adding a sentiment or 2. I used the Oval duo punch for the sentiment on the front of my card.





No comments:

Post a Comment