Monday 19 December 2022

Make it simple Monday Beautiful Happy

 Ready for Christmas?  What no!!! Me either 🤣🤣🤣 but I have had time to play with a new stamp set 😉 So for today's #makeitsimplemonday I've gone for a simple and elegant SIP card using a stamp set from the upcoming Sale-A-Bration offering called Beautiful Happy.

Beautifully happy stampin up Sale-A-Bration  2023 simple easy stamping card


The stamps a a gorgeous floral set with both outline and infill stamps as well as lovely sentiments. So with the stamps chosen on to the rest of the parts of the acronym. 

SIP stands for Stamps, Ink and Paper.  So with the stamps chosen I started with a simple basic white cardbase. I then decided what colour inks to use. 

I knew I wanted to make a card that was not only simple but also elegant.  To achieve this I wanted to keep the colours gentle in tone. So I started by stamping the large outline image using a light beige called sahara sand.

I made the colour even lighter by stamping it first onto a piece of scrap paper before stamping it onto the front of my cardbase. This created a very soft image.

One of the great things about photopolymer stamps is that it's  so easy to line them up when you want them to. I inked up the flower infill stamp with a bold pink colour called polished stone. I also stamped this onto scrap paper first. Then stamped it onto the flower portion of the image.

I continued with the leaf infill in green. The colour is called granny apple green and is rather bright so I used the stamping off first technique again.

Beautifully happy stampin up Sale-A-Bration  2023 simple easy stamping card

I love the fonts used as well as the words in the sentiments that are part of this stamp set.

 

Beautifully happy stampin up Sale-A-Bration  2023 simple easy stamping card

I love the way this card turned out. The very light outline image almost disappears. It gives a very elegant effect.



Beautifully happy stampin up Sale-A-Bration  2023 simple easy stamping card

So join me every day this week when I'll be sharing more inspiration using this lovely stamp set.



No comments:

Post a Comment