Friday 12 January 2024

Fun Fold Friday - Inspirational Sketches

 Well, here we are again already. The week has gone very quickly once again and again I have had great fun making these cards and sharing them with you. Here is my last one for the week using the Inspirational Sketches stamp set. This is a very simple fun fold in as much as it's 2 pieces of card to make the fun fold of it. Yes, my decoration is slightly different but that is always a matter of choice. 

 
I started with a simple C6 card base in Boho Blue card stock measuring 21cm by 14.85cm high and scored at 14.85cm. Taking the other half of the whole piece of card, I marked on the bottom right edge at 3cm. I turned the card around and did the same on the other side. Then I cut between the 2 marks and folded it in half at 10.5cm and 5.25cm from each end. See below. This piece, once decorated will be on the inside of the card making it very like an easel card.

 
The inner piece once scored.  
 
I decorated the front and inside of this card with 2 different pieces of DSP and with the odd triangular, folded card mat, I added the left hand piece and the right hand piece of it to each of the inside edges. I added more DSP to the 4 shaped panels on the angled mat. I could have added some flowers and birds to this piece but I felt it was enough as it is.

 
I stamped the bird onto a rectangle of white card and coloured it in using my watercolour pencils without any water! Playing around with it I added it to a piece of Boho Blue card after cutting off the corners. I then repeated this with pieces of  Night of Navy card in 0.5cm strips. Piece by piece I added each strip over each edge just to give the frame all around it. To finish this off, I added Rhinestones around the frame. 

 
  
 
I decorated this card using the NEW papers from Stampin' Up! called Flight and Airy Designer Series Paper. These papers are FREE when you place an order from Stampin' Up! for £45 or more. They are stunning papers too. Look at those gorgeous birds and flowers!
 

That's it once again. Thank you for joining me this week, I hope you have found something to inspire you to make some cards this week. Cary will return on Monday and be sharing her creations with you so please pop by and join her here.
 
Until I return, stay well, keep safe but as always

KEEP ON CRAFTING. 

😍😍😍 xxx Gill xxx 😍😍😍



No comments:

Post a Comment