Wednesday 24 January 2024

Watercolour Wednesday - Sale-a-bration - Detailed Dogwood

 Hello on this very wet watercolour Wednesday! Today is the perfect day for watercolouring too. Using the large image from the Detailed Dogwood stamp set, I stamped onto Stampin' Up!'s Fluid 100 watercolour paper using Stazon Jet Black ink pad. I don't know what was wrong but I really didn't like it! So I stamped it again a few more times then reverted to using Basic White card instead. I got the beautiful image that I was clearly after. I coloured the image in by dropping a few drops of re-inker onto an acrylic block then I carefully coloured the flowers and leaves one by one. I made sure that I dried each colour before starting on the next one. Yes, the next thing I did was fussy cut it out! It was quite fiddly as there are quite a few leaves and petals too but I love to fussy cut so I wasn't bothered doing it. 

I made a card base using the Granny Apple Green and as it is a landscape shaped card it was 29.7cm by 10.5cm and scored at 14.85cm. I then cut the front panel to measure 10cm wide. I added a piece of DSP to the inside of the card from the Flight and Airy DSP. This is another of the Sale-a-bration offers too. I used the Bubble Bath piece and added a smaller piece to the side of it. I cut the white mat for the front of the card and stamped the leaves on before I used the Softly Sophisticated embossing folder again for both of the front white pieces. I added the Flower using Dimensionals, the sentiment onto a white mat which was punched out using the Label Me Lovely Punch. The green one around it was fussy cut out! 

Now I think I've gabbled enough so here are some pictures.




 



No comments:

Post a Comment