Tuesday 23 January 2024

Technique Tuesday - Sale-a-bration -Softly Sophisticated

 Hello again and thank you for stopping by. Today's stamp set is the pretty Softly Sophisticated. As I said yesterday, I really do love the Designer Series Papers DSP that are in the Sale-a-bration SAB catalogue this month. This set is really so delicate and can be used for many different style of cards especially when pairing it with the gorgeous DSP's. That is one of the most interesting things about what crafters do, we mix and match with all sorts of products. It's great isn't it? The paper I used today is called Sunny Days 12" by 12".

Anyway, my technique this week is using up some of the scraps on my table. I'm sure that we all have those bits and pieces somewhere waiting to be used and Oh! Boy! Do I have a load of them! I used my black and red colours today, which is another of my favourite colour combinations. I started by embossing 3 pieces of the coloured card using the Softly Sophisticated embossing folder. Once embossed, I started to play with layering them, placing one piece under and over another until I got the combination that I was happy with. I cut a narrow gap down the centre of the black and red mats and taped the piece of plain white through the slot onto the back of the mats. I stamped the images in just black (Memento) and the gorgeous red of Poppy Parade and added the sentiments inside and out.






No comments:

Post a Comment