Monday 15 January 2024

Make it simple Monday Lovely and Sweet

 Happy Monday to you all and welcome to a week of inspiration with me, Cary,  here at 2 Big Girls Crafting.  This week I'm sharing projects featuring the beautiful Lovely and Sweet stamp set from the new mini catalogue from Stampin' Up!.

Lovely and sweet stampin up simple one layer card

The set has a field journal feel to it with its botanical drawings. The stamps also feature the latin name for each drawing.  Can you tell what they are? I have to say that I knew 2 of the 3 but had to Google the other!
So for the first card of this week it is a simple one layer card that coincidentally features the image I didn't know straight away. 

Lovely and sweet stampin up simple one layer card

I stamped the image on a brown ink called pecan pie. Then coloured it in with my watercolour pencils. I think using the pencils pays homage to the style of drawing the stamp is created in.
A simple sentiment in another shade of brown called early espresso and the card was complete.  

Lovely and sweet stampin up simple one layer card

Did you work out what the image is of? Well if you said sweet almond you'd be correct 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment