Tuesday 8 December 2020

Technique Tuesday - Ornate Garden Suite

 My goodness, it has got so cold here this week, I may have to resort to putting my thermals on!! 😁😂

On a better note though, it's lovely and warm indoors where my duties include looking after my gorgeous grandson Theo. All week! Mummy and Daddy are both working so good old Nana duties are back! He is growing so fast. 10 and a half months old now and shooting up. He is such a character too, he loves to copy and repeat things that I say to him too. In his way of course. 

Anyway, I could talk about him all day but I won't bore you. Today's card is a very quick and easy technique called the spotlight technique. It gives a really lovely effect when done as I have or just using 1 larger image as the spotlight. I used 1/2" and 3/4" small punches to get my images just so and like the way it looks. I also used the 1" circle punch too which is still current. 

Talking of retired products, today is the start of Stampin' Up! Year End Close Out Sale. Follow the link to the shop HERE and you will see all of the reduced products from the current August - December 2020 Mini catalogue.  OMG! There is so much on special offer with many reductions of 10% to 50% AMAZING OFFERS!!!!

I am a firm believer that if you bought a product from Stampin' Up! and for whatever reason it has since been retired, we must continue to use them. Yes, I do use the amazing new products too of course but I cannot bear to part with my punches. I LOVE THEM! 

I have used Rich Razzleberry and So Saffron card base and mat for this one today. I think the colours really complement each other from the dark red of the Rich Razzleberry and the muted yellow of So Saffron. The image was stamped onto 2 different white mats. Only 1 was coloured in. I used Blends pens for mine in Rich Razzleberry, Calypso Coral, So Saffron and Granny Apple Green. Once coloured, I randomly punched out the image and then mounted several of the images onto the mat on the card. Adding a few messages from the Ornate Thanks stamp set from the suite. There were a few of the little punched shapes left over and I added them inside.




If you would like to know more about the suite or other Stampin' Up! products, please follow the link to our shop HERE  It will open up a new window for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment