Thursday 10 December 2020

Throwback Thursday - Ornate Garden Suite

 Have you ever had one of those cards that you have seen made but never had the courage to make one? I did. Surprisingly, when I did first attempt it, I was so shocked at how simple it actually was! What a whally I was! The card was eventually made a very long while ago by me and for the life of me I cannot remember who's card first caught my eye but there have been too many to mention since then.  I found another of the cards that I made in this style a few weeks ago when I was looking for another project. 

Get on with it! I can hear someone saying. I used the gorgeous deep dark purplish/red of Blackberry Bliss card for the base colour. It is such a lovely rich colour that blends with so many other colours. I just love it! A white mat which I embossed with the Dainty Diamonds embossing folder and before attaching it to the card base, I added some folded rectangles of the Ornate Garden double sided papers to each end. I love the gold pattern within the green of this paper. I die cut one of the stems of flowers from Blackberry Bliss and using the black Dimensionals/foam pads, I raised it up over the 2 diamond shaped corners.

A few messages on the front and inside of course with a small spray of flowers completed the card. For a change, I also added some of the lovely frosted epoxy droplets onto the flowers. I don't normally add any bling or rhinestones to my projects until I prepare to post the card to the recipient. This time, I just wanted to!

The messages in this set of stamps are brilliant. You can add several of them to any card and they look just perfect.






No comments:

Post a Comment