Wednesday 9 December 2020

Watercolour Wednesday - Ornate Garden Suite

 For today's card, obviously watercoloured, I did a technique that I often do. I added some colours using the ends of the ink pads onto a large acrylic block. I used 5 different colours from pinks , lilac and greens. I spritzed a piece of watercolour paper with water and then spritzed the block and immediately the colours started to mix together. Wasting no further time, I wiped the block over the paper and allowed the ink to be absorbed and left it to dry.

Once it had dried I took the 2 words SO GRATEFUL and THANK YOU and stamped them quite closely to each other then cut them closer still. You can see how the colours have blended and given me such different shades on them all. I took a white mat and embossed it with the Argyle embossing folder from Stampin' Up! I decided to add dimensionals (foam pads) to the backs of the words and added a few of the small flowers from Ornate Thanks stamp set. I added a few more of the messages to the inside from the set and an other THANK YOU to complete it.
A very simple card that didn't take a lot of work but I am pleased with the result. I hope you like it too.






No comments:

Post a Comment