Tuesday 22 December 2020

Tips Tricks and Techniques Tuesday Simply Succulents

 Hi today's tip is why make 1 card when you can do 2?? Well with the technique I've used on today's Simply Succulents project I can do just that!!

I  have used the largest die from the coordinating Simply Succulents die set to create a vellum mask. Now a tip here is to make sure you leave a boarder around the die so that you can trim it down neatly after.

I then secured my white card mat to my work area. I used sticky note tape and covered the edges to create a narrow boarder. I then used more low tack tape to position the vellum die cut piece on top.


simply succulents Cardmaking tips vellum masking blending Stampin up


The next step is to apply colour. I have used blending brushes and ink pads in 2 colours, coral and navy. Working gently I brushed the colour over the vellum mask. Tip for blending always start off the edge of your project so that there are no harsh edges.


Now for the great reveal, the best bit 😉, but my tip here is to only remove 3 sides of the vellum mask thereby creating a hing with the 4th side of tape. The reason I do this is so that if I have missed a bit or want to go back in and add more colour I can do so with out miss alignment occurring.


Once your happy with your piece remove the tape securing the cardstock. Carefully place your vellum mask to one side to dry.

Now go create your card with the blended background.  I have kept it simple as I want the background to shine.


Now for the bonus card. Take the vellum mask and trim the edges to fit your project. I decided to create a window in my card front so that I could use the vellum to create a delicate looking card.


So that is how I got 2 for the price of 1 !!!!



9 comments:

  1. Well done!! ladies, will have to have a go at this xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done ladies, love this card and will have to have a go xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done!! ladies, will have to have a go at this xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these ideas! And I have this set of dies & stamps! Woo hoo! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete