Tuesday 1 December 2020

Tips, Tricks and Techniques Tuesday Snowflake Wishes

 Not got the right colour cardstock to go with your ink choice? Don't worry just look at today's inspiration all made with just white cardstock!! My colour of the week and 3 others were used along with the fabulous Snowflake  Wishes stamps and dies and just white cardstock. 



My first tip is to edge your cardstock with ink. Now you can do this with a pen or a dauber or a sponge.  Or you can do it the way I have which is to mask off leaving just the area you want to colour. Then use a blending tool such as a brush and add colour. 



My next tip is to colour a piece of cardstock to match. So after I'd  inked the edges of each panel I coloured a piece of scrap white cardstock using my blending tool of choice. I knew I was going to die cut out a couple of the gorgeous snowflakes ❄  so made sure the pieces I coloured were large enough. 



For my embellishments I added another layer of interest once they were die cut by inking them all over with versamark and heat embossing them with clear powder.  This gives them a beautiful gloss finish.

I then stamped each panel using the same ink colour as the edge but stamped it once onto scrap paper and then onto my panel. This is called second generation stamping. It allows you to create a tonal coordination on your projects.

So few sparkely rhinestones and here is my final project plus a couple of tags that I made just because 😁






No comments:

Post a Comment