Friday 24 March 2023

Fun Fold Friday - Irresistible Blooms

 Hello again and thank you for stopping by. Today's post using the Irresistible Blooms stamp set and matching dies I have made a really fun fold. Now it looks very difficult and that's the response that I got from everyone in a class a few weeks ago. They were so surprised how quickly they made it and accepted that it was so much easier than they first thought!

Using a piece of A4 card, I cut it at 14.85cm in portrait so, once cut, that made it 14.85cm high by 29.7cm wide. I turned it to the landscape position and scored it from each end at 9.9cm. Now you have a piece of card that has 3 equal sized panels side by side. Using the piece of card that I removed, I cut it into 2 long strips each approximately 3cm wide. These 2 pieces were then cut into 4 lengths of 10.5cm. I scored each of those 0.5cm from each end and in half too. These centre of the 4 pieces were placed over the right hand fold and the 0.5cm folds at each end I added adhesive tape and sealed them to the card base. I placed the top and bottom pieces first and then laying the other 2 in the gap, I spaced them out and then adhered them too. That was the basic cutting and scoring of the card.  

Now to decorate. I used some of the beautiful papers that coordinate with the stamp set and dies called Hello Irresistible papers. I know that I say this every-time but they honestly are! I cut a piece of DSP 10cm by 14.4cm for the front and 2 strips for the inside 4.8cm by 14.4cm. I did add some DSP strips behind this one as I rather like the papers showing in the background. I added some fussy cut flowers and leaves from another piece of the DSP and I stamped a few sentiments and adhered them to the card base to complete it. I added a Petal Pink mat to the back of the card for writing on and used Memento ink pad for the stamping.







I hasten to add that the card was not my design, I found it on Pinterest. It was made by thestampinninja.com by Melissa Seplowitz. It is beautiful design so I must say a huge thank you to Melissa for her beautiful design. The card that I made for the class a few weeks ago is below.



 
I made a one sheet wonder design using the Nature's Prints stamp set and then chopped it up. 
Thank you so much for joining me once I got here eventually this week.
Cary will be back to share her designs on Monday so please stop by. 
 
Until I return, please take care, stay safe and well but as always.....
 

KEEP ON CRAFTING!! 

Bye Bye. 
xxx ๐Ÿ˜ Gill ๐Ÿ˜ xxx


2 comments: