Wednesday 1 March 2023

Watercolour Wednesday Sweet Citrus

 When I first saw the Sweet Citrus stamps at OnStage in Vienna back in November I staight away saw something other than a citrus fruit....

Sweet citrus stampin up watercolour background coconut card


Can you see it? ..... Coconut's 🥥 !!!! Yup I have an active imagination 😅 but honestly that's what I saw with the 2 outine stamps center left!

Anyway with that in mind I wanted to create a bright tropical inspired card for today to show the coconuts off and this is what I came up with...

Sweet citrus stampin up watercolour background coconut thank you card

The background was created by adding ink to a very large acrylic block . I added drops of yellow, orange and pink reinker to seperate ateas of the block then added drops of water to make then loose.
Next I took a piece of watercolour paper and spritzed that well with water.  This is a wet on wet technique so make sure you're prepared with kitchen roll and a well covered work surface 😉 
Now the fun begins dab the wet side of the watercolour paper into the ink. You can move the paper around to create different colour areas.  I wanted the pink to be at one end then merge into the orange and yellow. 
I the used my kitchen roll to dab off the excess around thw edges and dried it with my heat tool. You can then go back in and add more ink if you wish. 
I was happy with mine . I  decided to heat emboss in white some of the little flowers from the stamps  over one corner. I love the effect this gives.

Sweet citrus stampin up watercolour background coconut thank you card

To create the coconuts I stamped the outline stamp in a soft brown colour called soft suede.  I took a fine tipped waterpainter and pained in the tuft at the bottom of the coconut shell.
Next I took the infill stamp and attatched it to my acrylic block the wrong way round. This means that the flat side was uppermost and the detailed side was attatched to the block.
I inked the stamp up in a light grey called smoky slate.  I then stamped it off onto scrap paper 3 times, huffing between each one to moisten. Then with the ink very pale I stamped inside the coconuts. I then took some white ink and using a blender pen added it to the edge of the grey to soften it and give the idea of the coconut flesh.
I fussy cut the coconuts out ehen I was happy with their appearance. 

Sweet citrus stampin up watercolour background coconut thank you card

Final touches of a few leaves, a few sparkles and a very punny sentiment. Doesn't the sentiment make you start singing " I've got a loverly bunch of coconuts...." it sure does for me 🤣🤣🤣

No comments:

Post a Comment