Thursday 23 March 2023

This or That Thursday - Irrestible Blooms

 Hello and thank you for stopping by this week but an even bigger thank you to Cary who has been posting for me. I am now almost back to myself and back crafting again thankfully, albeit slowly! This week I started to make some cards using the gorgeous new stamp set and dies etc called Irresistible Blooms. The images are beautiful and added to the dies too, they just go so much further.

For my 2 cards today. I started by making THIS... an all white based card and added a white mat with a piece of DSP from the Fitting Florets papers. Just this simple strip of DSP adds a lovely hue through the card. I used one of the dies from the set which literally die cut the stripe going through the card. What a difference! 

I repeated most of the steps from the first card onto the THAT card. I made it in Balmy Blue card this time no mats other than the flowers. The patterned DSP was added to the inside of the card itself so you get to see the reverse of the paper. I used one of the new embossing folders from the Basic 3D embossing folders





 
The 2nd card or the That version
 








7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Your cards are beautiful. I am CASEing the first one and don't know what you mean when you say - literally die cut the stripe going through the card - When I use the die it cuts it out from the paper. - Thanks

      Delete
  2. Now I see how you did it, but how did you keep it all together. I am having a hard time aligning it all up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I added a piece of the dsp behind it. That's the only way you can keep the whole thing from falling apart! I am so sorry if I confused you. I certainly didn't intend to but thank you for showing such interest in my card.
    I hope that you keep on crafting and please share some if your creations here too if you'd like to. Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both very nice. I prefer the second one as I am intrigued by the embossing folder. Mow that will have to go on my next order, which keeps growing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Craftelady123, I know the feeling. If I see something that gorgeous or has to go on my shopping list too! Thank you so much xx

    ReplyDelete