Tuesday 28 November 2023

Technique Tuesday - Festive and Fun

 Hello, today's card is another which can follow on from yesterday's #simplestamping card. Using the Festive and Fun stamp set, I stamped the Hippo with his sledge 3 times, though not all completely. I lined the card mat straight along the grid lines on my gridpaper and taped it down with some low tack tape. I then started stamping the Hippo across the page. I used Memento Ink pad for this as there is a lot of detail in the picture and I needed to see all of it. I decided to colour the images in using my water colour pencils. No water, just pencils. I wanted to see the effect of the pencils along the line of colour. I have a post it roll of sticky note paper and I laid it across the bottom of the 1.5cm of the image and cut the post it roll in half across the length. I then placed the other half across the top of the images and covered the top 1.5cm up too. I aimed to colour in only a 2cm band across the whole image and I am rather pleased with it. I could have placed the strips of Real Red tribbon across the top and bottom of the images but decided against it. What do you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment