Wednesday 8 November 2023

Watercolour Wednesday Christmas Classics

 Well it certainly is the right weather for this watercolour Wednesday... it's pouring down in my small part of the world! But enought about the oh so British obsession with the weather lets get on to the fun stuff.. cards! And more specifically one featuring the fabulous Christmas Classics !

So as it's watercolour Wednesday I have used a very simple watercolour technique called watercolour wash. I chose 3 shades of blue and using a waterpainter swipped the ink onto a piece of white cardstock . I made the first swipes with quite watered down ink. Then when the piece was dry went in with some less diluted ink  to add more definition. I then splattered some white ink over the panel to give the feel of falling snow.

Christmas classics stampin up watercolour wash background blue Christmas card

I matted the panel once dry onto a piece of cardstock that coordinates with the mid shade of blue I had used. Die cut a circle and stamped my sentiment in the darker shade of blue ink. 

I die cut 3 holly leaves in white cardstock and placed then behind my sentiment circle.  To finish the card I sprinkea few coloured pearls that are the same shade as the lightest blue in the background. 

Christmas classics stampin up watercolour wash background blue Christmas card

All in all an easy watercolour card. My one tip is if using watercolour onto normal cardstock rather than watercolour paper is to keep it as dry as possible.  Don't overload the cardstock with wet mediums otherwise it will pill and spoil your work. Work in layers drying the piece either naturally or with a heat tool if you're inpatient like me 😉

Christmas classics stampin up watercolour wash background blue Christmas card


No comments:

Post a Comment