Tuesday 7 November 2023

Tips tricks and techniques Tuesday Christmas Classics

 Today I'm sharing 2 cards one was the intended card and the other is made with the leftovers!  Now we all know that as crafters we can be a little bit ...how shall I put it.. tight with our stash! We don't like to waste anything so I didn't 😉 for today's cards I have used tha amazing Christmas Classics stamps and coordinating dies.

Christmas classics stampin up stamps and dies

If you have seen any of my posts you'll know that I love colour.. any and all colours. So for today's inspiration I decided to use a colour combination that I find absolutely stunning and really tricky to get right... All white!

When chosing to do an all white card there are many considerations to be taken. I believe that the use of texture and different white materials is very important to getting the card to be balanced and attractive.

Christmas classics stampin up white Christmas card

I die cut a bunch of the hollu leaves and adhered them randomly onto a piece of vellum.  I then cut a rectangle from the front panel of a white card base. I then took a piece of white cardstock that measures the same as the card front and embossed it. I used an embossing folder called Distressed Tile. I then cut the same size rectangular appature from the panel.
I sandwiched the vellum panel between the card base and the embossed panel. 
I decorated the card front with a large bow made with an iridescent white ribbon and a tag that I heat embossed my sentiment in silver on it. I added a sprinkle of white iridescent pearls over the vellum are of the card front.


Christmas classics stampin up white Christmas card

I used a piece of the same iridescent ribbon and a small scrap of the silver trim that I also added to the front of the card.
Now once finished I had a small pile of  left overs and scraps. I decided they were to good too dismiss so I created this card.


Christmas classics stampin up white Christmas card

I love the finished cards. They're both elegant and crisp and clean yet full off charisma. 

Christmas classics stampin up white Christmas card



No comments:

Post a Comment