Wednesday 25 November 2020

Watercolour Wednesday - Have a Hoot

 Oh Boy!!! Did I do a Cary or what this week!! I got myself sooo messy that even my grandchildren were shocked with me!! I did enjoy what I was doing though 😁😂

I love to do watercolour backgrounds but usually I take a little more care in how I apply the ink. Today though, I didn't! I used 3 re-inkers for my background and just added 3 drops of each to a large acrylic block. I then spritzed lots and lots of water over the block so the colours ran together. I didn't move them at all but then laid a piece of watercolour paper over the top for a few seconds. When I removed it I added another and another. It tool 3 times to completely use all of the ink up. I set them aside to dry and once they were I added some drops of white re-inker to the block and again spritzed it with water. The white ink is a thicker Craft ink and takes more movement to mmake it runny. I used a cocktail stick to move the colour and water around then I just tapped the previous sheets of watercolour paper over it. I only wanted some of the white over the card and therefore didn't push it too much. I was able to do it to the others and the last one was just so subtle and because it picked up a little of the previous colours from the papers it's turned out beautiful. 

While the papers dried again, I stamped and coloured the owls. I washed some Misty Moonlight ink around each of the owls to give a night time effect. I then die cut them using the frame die from the Peek A Hoot dies which match with the stamps. Then I trimmed little parts of the dies off as I wanted them to almost overhang the edge of the card. A little of the 1,1/2" metallic ribbon, some Wink Of Stella flicked over the background and it was finished. I hope it looks ok to you. I know my granddaughter Bella loved the galaxy effect it gave and so much so she now wants to do one this week too!




 
I hope you like it as much as Bella did. Please have a go. You don't have to get messy. I just got my fingers in the way!


No comments:

Post a Comment