Wednesday 11 November 2020

Watercolour Wednesday - Snowflake Wishes

 Hello and thank you for stopping by our blog posts. This week so far has been a busy one for me as my son and his wife went back at work on Monday. That's not a problem except that I have been home looking after the baby. He has had me on my toes the last 2 days. He is so quick and so much fun, I wonder how I ever managed when years ago and Jonathan was a baby, I child minded! That was 40 years ago now so I guess it is a wee while! 😍😍 Unfortunately, Jemma came home today to read a letter from the government saying that she should not go to work due to medical reasons! She was not impressed! However, I am having a lie in tomorrow!!!

It's quite late now as I'm posting this as I haven't had any time for crafting today sadly. Today's card is a simple gatefold card in Balmy Blue, a really beautiful soft pale blue, with Night of Navy and white card that was embossed and 'watercolour washed'. It's a simple as that. I embossed a white mat using the Winter Snow embossing folder and I inked a block with ink from Balmy Blue pad. I added a big puddle of water to the centre and using a wide water brush, I mixed the water in then washed it all over the white mat from side to side. That's it, that is all it needed. Something so simple because the mat was embossed the water and ink formed a sort of shaded patch against the snowflakes on the card. You can still see some of the white card showing through and in some places the snowflakes are even more blue than some of the others are. 

I die cut the large snowflake from the matching dies which only cuts out the snowflake centres. I layered this onto another piece of Navy card to make the pattern pop. I added a Silver foiled snowflake in front to add another dimension. Then 4 small snowflakes around the front of the card plus a message and it's done. 

Yet another simple card made very quickly.




 
Another message on the inside along with some small stamped snowflakes and a strip of the embossed paper that was cut off and the card was complete.

 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment