Thursday 12 November 2020

Throwback Thursday - Snowflake Wishes

 Today's card is another style that I often like to make. It is layers of paper and card, one on top of the other. Sounds simple? yes, it is very simple. If you can cut a piece of paper, you will be fine. 

I started with a standard C6 card base which is in white this time and scored it in half. 21cm by 14.85cm is the standard measurements in the UK. I took a piece of double sided paper from the Snowflake Splendour pack and cut a piece 14cm by 10cm, then straight away started to 'gut' 1,1/2cm from each of the 4 edges. This was repeated on the remaining piece too and the final remaining rectangle was gutted at 1cm all around. Once all of the rectangles were cut out, I glued them onto pieces of Highland Heather card and gave each one a small border of about 2-3mm. I stamped a collection of snowflakes around each corner of the papers at this point. More information on the stamp set and all of the products that I used is HERE

The rectangles were then all fixed to the one below using Stampin' dimensionals (foam shapes). On the very small one at the top, I fixed a bow using the gorgeous Pool Party Sheer Ribbon. It really is just beautiful. Once all of the layers were fixed together, I slipped another piece of ribbon from top to bottom to make it look like a gift. I then glued them all to the card base. A simple message inside and on the front, a few of the Snowflake Sequins added to the front of the card and the card is complete. 

 




This is so straightforward to make and it is a very quick card too. I do hope you have a go at making one as they are so rewarding when given as a greeting.


No comments:

Post a Comment