Friday 27 November 2020

Fun Fold Friday - Have A Hoot

 For my last card this week, I wanted to do something different. So I have gone back some years to cards that I made way back when....... I often make Easel Fold cards but his one has a twist or 2? 

It's a Triple Easel card! 

On a separate piece of card, I stamped the owls and coloured them all in using blends before fussy cutting them out. Yes, there are dies to die cut them out but I prefer the fussy cut images. I know, I'm crazy! The double sided papers I used are from the Heartwarming Hugs designer series paper from Stampin' Up!

The owls are from Have A Hoot stamp set. More information HERE in our shop. The links will open up a new window so you don't lose your page.  Please feel free to browse to your hearts content. No obligation to buy, I promise! To see the matching dies too on which you can save 10%, please click HERE 





I started with a square of card which is 21cm by 21cm, or 8,1/4" squared, then scored it in half at 10.5cm or 4,3/8" squared. On one side only, I cut at every 7cm into the centre fold of the card base, so 2 cuts. I then cut this side to 7cm wide too and the cut off pieces became my message mats. I cut a strip of card 7cm wide and cut that into 3 lots of 7cm squares.

  Once that was complete, I started to decorate my card. I started with a piece of the lovely red velvet card 20.5cm long by 10cm wide. I marked where the 7cm points were and cut from that point to the bottom left and bottom right corners, taking off a triangle on each side. At this point, I added a strip of the Metallic Mesh Ribbon across the front and using Tear and Tape, fixed the ribbon onto the reverse of the red panel. It was then fixed to the card base. I cut 2 pieces of Double Sided Paper 6.5 cm by 10cm and cut them in half diagonally to match. I repeated this for the other side too. I have kept the other pieces for another card as it would be on the reverse side of the paper. From there, I cut 3 mats 6.5cm by 6.5cm and used the red velvet paper on them and a matching piece of paper on the centre fold. Under the mats could be visible too, I covered them in squares of a coordinating paper.

Once the front panels were covered, I decided which direction I wanted the card to face. As I chose them both facing the centre of the card, I scored from the inside edges of the 2 end panels to the outer corners. I folded them back and forth in both directions to make sure that the creases were nice and crisp. Once they were folded, I stood them up and placed them in the position they would face and fixed the decorated panels onto the inisde triangle of each outer square. From that point, it was time for the messages. I stamped and placed them so that they held the 2 side and centre panels to stand up.

For the panels to face an alternative direction, you will need to adjust the score lines accordingly, see my diagrams above and below. I actually wanted my centre card to face forward, so I scored and folded the central panel in half at 3.5cm. Again this panel can be folded in any direction depending on which direction you want your card to face.


Thank you for joining me this week, I really do hope that you have found something to inspire you and make some cards of your own. 

Cary returns on Monday with some of her amazing creations again so please stop by to see her makes.

Until then, take care, stay safe and well and as always, KEEP ON CRAFTING. 

Gill 😍😍xxπŸ’–xx😍😍


No comments:

Post a Comment